Software Engineer (Backend)
- Join a team and learn about state-of-the-art front end security, operational security, backend security for RESTful APIs, and more.
- We build layers of security protection with isolated privileges combined with state-of-the-art monitoring and intrusion detection.
- Work side by side with our Founding CTO and CEO.
- Work with the brightest in software security.
- 2-8 years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Experience building backend systems that are highly scalable, highly optimized and secure.
- Detail-oriented with special attention to design.
- Team player (startup experience highly desired).
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science.
- A passion for bitcoin.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Exciting startup atmosphere in great downtown office space in Palo Alto (California Ave)
- Catered lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee
- Commuting made easy with company-paid Caltrain passes
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Flexible vacation time
- Great coworkers
At BitGo, our mission is to make digital currencies usable for business. Since pioneering multi-signature technology in 2013, BitGo has grown to become one of the most well known and reputable brands in the digital asset and digital currency industry. Processing over $6B in transactions monthly, BitGo services some of the world’s largest exchanges and now supports over a half dozen of the top digital currencies within the platform. As digital currencies emerge as a new, uncorrelated asset class, traditional financial institutions seek out BitGo to help build, secure, and scale their digital currency systems.
BitGo is based in Palo Alto, California. The company strives to bring new, innovative solutions to market and to be the leading service provider for digital currencies available in the market.
Mike Belshe is a veteran technologist who invented the multi-signature protocols used at Bitgo. Prior, Mike worked at Google on the founding of Google Chrome, was the co-inventor and driving force behind SPDY (which has now become HTTP/2.0 and co-founded Lookout Software acquired by Microsoft.
Ben Davenport is a technology entrepreneur and investor who had been deeply involved in Bitcoin since 2011. He co-founded Beluga which was sold to Facebook. Prior, Ben worked at Google and Microsoft.
Why Join BitGo:
Building disruptive products takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration and execution. In a nutshell great people, who strive for excellence in all their endeavors who have a track record of success! We are looking for candidates who “think out of the box”, are not risk adverse and want to build products that change the world. We aspire to provide a working environment, culture and leadership team that inspires greatness on a daily basis offering transparency, ownership and integrity.
Bitcoin will change the financial industry! Join our team in building one of the next technologies that will change the world or wait by the sidelines!
*****Work Authorization can transfer, just not sponsor new*****
***Please No third Parties***