UI/UX Designer (Design Ninja)
Company and Product:
At BitGo, our mission is to secure the world’s bitcoin. Our platform is used by some of the largest institutions and enterprises in the bitcoin space today, and our brand is known as the gold standard for security. We have raised $14 million in venture capital financing from some of the top investors in Silicon Valley, New York, who have backed successful companies like PayPal, Netscape, Red Hat, Proofpoint, Verisign, Juniper Networks, Yammer and Tesla.
Mike Belshe is a veteran technologist who invented the multi-signature protocols used at Bitgo. Prior, Mike worked at Google on the founding of Google Chrome, was the co-inventor and driving force behind SPDY (which has now become HTTP/2.0 and co-founded Lookout Software acquired by Microsoft.
Ben Davenport is a technology entrepreneur and investor who had been deeply involved in Bitcoin since 2011. He co-founded Beluga which was sold to Facebook. Prior, Ben worked at Google and Microsoft.
Why Join BitGo:
Building disruptive products takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration and execution. In a nutshell great people, who strive for excellence in all their endeavors who have a track record of success! We are looking for candidates who “think out of the box”, are not risk adverse and want to build products that change the world. We aspire to provide a working environment, culture and leadership team that inspires greatness on a daily basis offering transparency, ownership and integrity.
Bitcoin will change the financial industry! Join our team in building one of the next technologies that will change the world or wait by the sidelines!
What you'll own and deliver:
- Design and implement new user-facing features in BitGo’s products.
- Collaborate with the design team to implement clean, elegant user experiences.
- Specialize in building responsive and elegant web applications that are scalable.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- 3+ years of UX and product design experience
- Exceptional Visual Design and UI Skills
- Be detail-oriented with special attention to design
- Familiarity with the principles of good user experience design
- Write clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, automation, source control, design patterns, etc
- Be a team player (startup experience highly desired)
- A passion for user experience and blockchain technology
- Strong understanding of code limitations when designing in all platforms
- Fluency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and any of the prototyping tools of your choice
- Understanding of latest UX design trends and developments
- Be local in the San Francisco Bay Area
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Class A office space in Palo Alto
- Catered lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Flexible vacation time
- And more!