Company and Product:
At BitGo, our mission is to secure the world’s bitcoin. Our platform is used by some of the largest institutions and enterprises in the bitcoin space today, and our brand is known as the gold standard for security. We have raised $14 million in venture capital financing from some of the top investors in Silicon Valley, New York, who have backed successful companies like PayPal, Netscape, Red Hat, Proofpoint, Verisign, Juniper Networks, Yammer and Tesla.
Mike Belshe is a veteran technologist who invented the multi-signature protocols used at Bitgo. Prior, Mike worked at Google on the founding of Google Chrome, was the co-inventor and driving force behind SPDY (which has now become HTTP/2.0 and co-founded Lookout Software acquired by Microsoft.
Ben Davenport is a technology entrepreneur and investor who had been deeply involved in Bitcoin since 2011. He co-founded Beluga which was purchased by Facebook. Prior, Ben worked at Google and Microsoft.
Why Join Bitgo:
Like the internet of the 1990's, Bitcoin is a technology with the potential to change the way people live their lives and do business. BitGo's aims to make Bitcoin successful by building powerful, differentiated platforms and products to make Bitcoin secure and easy to use. Building products like these takes vision, innovation, passion, technical mastery, commitment, collaboration and execution. We're looking for great people who strive for excellence and who have a track record of success! We aspire to provide a working environment, culture and leadership team that inspires greatness on a daily basis offering transparency, ownership and integrity.
Join a team and learn about state-of-the-art front end security, operational security, backend security for RESTful APIs, and more. We build layers of security protection with isolated privileges combined with state-of-the-art monitoring and intrusion detection.
Bitcoin will change the financial industry! Join our team in building one of the next technologies that will change the world or wait by the sidelines!
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DELIVER IN THIS ROLE:
- Design system architecture to support BitGo’s platform as a service- Scale horizontally and integrate with CDNs to deal with DOS Attacks
- Maintain high availability of the service
- Design and implement a secure environment for BitGo’s services
- Enforce strong operational security and document required security processes for the company
- Be a member of the operations response team (on-call)
- Automate deployment of new code
- Own operational monitoring and alerting of all services
- Maintain a robust and searchable log platform to ingest and index log data from BitGo applications
- Work with director of engineering to plan and procure engineering resources
- *****LOCAL BAY AREA CANDIDATES ONLY AT THIS TIME*****
- 4-8 years UNIX or Linux administration, automation, AWS and security Puppet and Jenkins
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience designing and implementing large, scalable distributed systems
- AWS Console: EC2, Security Groups, ELB, subnet ACLs
- Solid experience in scripting languages
- Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
- Event aggregation and dashboarding (ELK stack)
- Security: HIDS/NIDS, IPSEC / openvpn Understand how to maintain peak signal to noise ratios with aggregated application, host, network and security events
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Exciting startup atmosphere in great downtown office space in Palo Alto (California Ave)
- Catered lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Flexible vacation time
- Great coworkers!