Lead Platform Engineer
At BitGo, our mission is to make digital currencies usable for business. Since pioneering multi-signature technology in 2013, BitGo has grown to become one of the most well known and reputable brands in the digital asset and digital currency industry. Processing over $20B in transactions monthly, BitGo services some of the world’s largest exchanges and now supports over a half dozen of the top digital currencies within the platform. As digital currencies emerge as a new, uncorrelated asset class, traditional financial institutions seek out BitGo to help build, secure, and scale their digital currency systems.
- Technical leader in wallet platform API and SDK development; Provide hands-on leadership to the team
- Collaborate with engineering director and product teams to prioritize, estimate cost, spec upcoming features and productize customer requests
- Own sprint planning for the platform team
- Go-to person for BitGo's platform integration questions
- Interact with customers to better understand requirements. Forge integration paths for large customers.
- Handle or delegate customer escalations
- Drive platform architecture and design of API and SDK interfaces
- Delegate and coordinate with platform engineers to ensure production and delivery of features
- Design, develop and test features alongside with engineers
- Own end to end integration of features within BitGo
- Maintain a clear and concise API documentation
- Document and promote engineering processes to ensure high quality and well tested features
- Keep updated with latest API and relevant blockchain technologies
- Communicate with customers when pushing out features and making changes
- Work closely with company leadership to identify upcoming opportunities and risks
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science.
- Professional experience with RESTful API design and SDK development
- Solid experience with server-side web development frameworks such as NodeJS / Express, Python or Java
- Experience in scripting languages such as Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Experience working in a team that employed AGILE, Scrum or other project management methodologies.
- Experience with unit / functional testing and debugging
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS.
- Start-up experience highly preferred
- Familiarity with bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology is preferred
- A passion to see blockchain technology adopted by the world
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Exciting startup atmosphere in great downtown office space in Palo Alto (California Ave)
- Catered lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee
- Commuting made easy with company-paid Caltrain passes
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Flexible vacation time
- Great coworkers
WHY JOIN BITGO
Building disruptive products takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration and execution. In a nutshell great people, who strive for excellence in all their endeavors who have a track record of success! We are looking for candidates who “think out of the box”, are not risk adverse and want to build products that change the world. We aspire to provide a working environment, culture and leadership team that inspires greatness on a daily basis offering transparency, ownership and integrity.
Bitcoin will change the financial industry! Join our team in building one of the next technologies that will change the world or wait by the sidelines!
Mike Belshe is a veteran technologist who invented the multi-signature protocols used at Bitgo. Prior, Mike worked at Google on the founding of Google Chrome, was the co-inventor and driving force behind SPDY (which has now become HTTP/2.0 and co-founded Lookout Software acquired by Microsoft.
Ben Davenport is a technology entrepreneur and investor who had been deeply involved in Bitcoin since 2011. He co-founded Beluga which was sold to Facebook. Prior, Ben worked at Google and Microsoft.