Lead Blockchain Engineer
- Technical leader in blockchain and development of distributed ledgers
- Collaborate with engineering director and product teams to prioritize, estimate cost, spec upcoming features and productize customer requests
- Own sprint planning for the blockchain (Prova) development team
- Interact with customers to better understand requirements and how a distributed ledger can be used to solve them
- Provide hands-on engineering leadership to the team
- Go-to person for BitGo's blockchain and consensus related questions
- Deliver, ship and maintain stable product binaries Coordinate with blockchain team developers to ensure production and delivery of features
- Maintain documentation for bootstrapping / onboarding blockchain customers
- Work closely with company leadership to identify upcoming opportunities and risks
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science
- Masters or PHD in cryptography or related field preferred
- Experience in Go or C++
- Experience in peer to peer networking
- Experience / interest in distributed systems, game theory and consensus mechanisms preferred
- Have worked in a team following project management methodology such as scrum / agile.
- A passion for blockchain technology
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Exciting startup atmosphere in great downtown office space in Palo Alto (California Ave)
- Catered lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Flexible vacation time
- Great coworkers!
At BitGo, our mission is to make digital currencies usable for business. Since pioneering multi-signature technology in 2013, BitGo has grown to become one of the most well known and reputable brands in the digital asset and digital currency industry. Processing over $6B in transactions monthly, BitGo services some of the world’s largest exchanges and now supports over a half dozen of the top digital currencies within the platform. As digital currencies emerge as a new, uncorrelated asset class, traditional financial institutions seek out BitGo to help build, secure, and scale their digital currency systems.
BitGo is based in Palo Alto, California. The company strives to bring new, innovative solutions to market and to be the leading service provider for digital currencies available in the market.
Mike Belshe is a veteran technologist who invented the multi-signature protocols used at Bitgo. Prior, Mike worked at Google on the founding of Google Chrome, was the co-inventor and driving force behind SPDY (which has now become HTTP/2.0 and co-founded Lookout Software acquired by Microsoft.
Ben Davenport is a technology entrepreneur and investor who had been deeply involved in Bitcoin since 2011. He co-founded Beluga which was sold to Facebook. Prior, Ben worked at Google and Microsoft.
Why Join BitGo:
Building disruptive products takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration and execution. In a nutshell great people, who strive for excellence in all their endeavors who have a track record of success! We are looking for candidates who “think out of the box”, are not risk adverse and want to build products that change the world. We aspire to provide a working environment, culture and leadership team that inspires greatness on a daily basis offering transparency, ownership and integrity.
Bitcoin will change the financial industry! Join our team in building one of the next technologies that will change the world or wait by the sidelines!
*****Work Authorization can transfer, just not sponsor new*****
***Please No third Parties***