Ethereum Backend Engineer
Why Join BitGo?
Building disruptive products takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration and execution. In a nutshell we need great people, who strive for excellence in all their endeavors and who have a track of success! We are looking for candidates who “think out of the box”, are not risk averse and want to build products that will change the world. We aspire to provide a working environment, culture and leadership team that inspires greatness on a daily basis offering transparency, ownership and integrity.
Join an outstanding team of engineers and manage projects that will make cryptocurrencies usable for business. BitGo is pioneering true safety and security for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and more. Be a part of the team that will enable digital assets to extend beyond the fringe and into mainstream business. We’re growing and we’re winning.
- Be the team lead for our Ethereum backend efforts.
- Get a first hand view of what it takes to build and deliver software in the blockchain technical security space.
- Join a team and learn about state-of-the-art front end security, operational security, backend security for RESTful APIs, and more. We build layers of security protection with isolated privileges combined with state-of-the-art monitoring and intrusion detection.
- Work side by side with one of the strongest engineering teams in the cryptocurrency space.
- Work with the brightest in software security.
- BitGo is the world’s largest transaction processor in Bitcoin; this is your opportunity to create the world’s largest transaction processor in Ethereum!
- 2-8 years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Hands-on experience with implementing Digital Signature Algorithms.
- Experience with smart contracts preferred.
- Willingness to work on multiple crypto assets.
- Apply blockchain security technologies (beyond the world of fin-tech and crypto-currency).
- Evaluate, analyze and target weaknesses in cryptographic security systems and algorithms.
- Design robust security systems to prevent vulnerabilities.
- Write high caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements.
- Team player (startup experience highly desired).
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Technomathematics, or Cryptography.
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following technologies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, ECDSA.
- A passion for Ethereum and a willingness to learn.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Exciting startup atmosphere in great downtown office space in Palo Alto (California Ave)
- Catered lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee
- Commuting made easy with company-paid Caltrain passes
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Flexible vacation time
- Great coworkers