Software Engineer (Frontend)
Why Join Bitgo?
Building disruptive products takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration and execution. In a nutshell we need great people, who strive for excellence in all their endeavors and who have a track of success! We are looking for candidates with a hands-on mentality who “think out of the box”, are not risk averse and want to build products that will change the world. We aspire to provide a working environment, culture and leadership team that inspires greatness on a daily basis offering transparency, ownership and integrity.
BitGo is one of very few companies in the blockchain space known for delivering real product with customers transacting significant amounts of money today. We’re pioneering a unified platform delivering scalability, safety and security for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and more. Come be a part of the team that will enable digital assets to extend beyond the fringe and into mainstream business. We’re growing and we’re winning.
As a front-end engineer at BitGo, you’ll have direct impact on the web and client products we release to the world. Your work will be seen visually and experienced daily by tens of thousands of users in an emerging industry. Get to leverage the powerful BitGo API to build digital currency applications that will change the world. The BitGo front-end team is small but strong, and you’ll have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of development, own entire features and products, and work closely with our designers to bring the best experiences possible to life.
- Design and implement new user-facing features in BitGo’s products.
- Collaborate with the design team to implement clean, elegant user experiences.
- Specialize in building responsive and elegant web applications that are scalable.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience as a front end software engineer
- Be detail-oriented with special attention to design
- Familiarity with the principles of good user experience design
- Write clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, automation, source control, design patterns, etc
- Be a team player (startup experience highly desired)
- A passion for user experience and blockchain technology
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Exciting startup atmosphere in great downtown office space in Palo Alto (California Ave)
- Catered lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee
- Commuting made easy with company-paid Caltrain passes
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Flexible vacation time
- Great coworkers